ISACON 2019 Bengaluru
In the recently concluded national conference of Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists at Bengaluru (ISACON 2019), the ISA, Nagpur City Branch has been conferred with prestigious awards in various categories.
ISA NCB was declared the Best City Branch (L) amongst all large branches in the country.
It also received the Best City for Public Awareness, 2nd best branch for Ether Day Celebrations, 2nd best branch for Membership drive and the COLS 2019 award. In the individual level members bought laurels too. Dr. Sunita Lawange, Past President was bestowed upon with the President’s Appreciation award for her contribution towards the society. Dr. Manisha Shembekar, President ISA NCB and Dr. Umesh Ramtani, Past secretary, ISA NCB, both were conferred with the prestigious Proficiency award. For the outstanding work done in creating and spreading awareness about anaesthesia amongst masses, Dr. Kiran Vyawhare, Consultant Anaesthesiologist, Nagpur received the first prize for Public Awareness award in the individual category, Dr. Sheetal Dalal, Associate Professor, Anaesthesiology, IGGMC, Nagpur, received the second and Dr. Sonali Khobragade, also Associate Professor, Anaesthesiology, IGGMC, Nagpur received the third & Dr. Umesh Ramtani, Assistant Professor, Anaesthesiology, IGGMC, Nagpur received Consolation prize in the same category. 3rd year Resident, Dr. Pompy Devraj, from GMC Nagpur, presented paper for the KOP’s Award in cardiac anaesthesia category and was selected for direct publication in IJA.
Participation by members in academics in the conference were as follows:
- Dr. Anjali Bhure – Place of bougie and exchange catheter in airway management.
- Dr. Sunita Lawange – Fluoroscopic guided vs Landmark guided lumbar epidural Injection – CON
- Dr. Chandrashekharan Cham – Video Session on Fluoroscopic guided lumbar sympathetic plexus block.
- Dr. Deepak Madankar – Is intravenous anaesthesia better than inhalational anaesthesia in neurosurgery? – PRO
- Dr. Charuta Gadkari (Chairperson) – Monitoring / Education session
- Dr. Anjali Bhure – (Judge) – BB Mishra Memorial Young Anaesthesiologist Award.
President, Dr. Manisha Shembekar expressed heartfelt gratitude to the senior members, vibrant executive body and all members for their contributions and efforts. She said that it was indeed a very proud moment for the organisation to have been blessed with prestigious awards since the last 10 years. Dr. Soma Cham, Hon. Secretary also thanked her team and members for their support and guidance through every undertaking.