Vaishali Malegaonkar Memorial Interesting Case presentation competition 2018
On 20th April 2018, Friday, First activity of tenure 2018-19 “Vaishali Malegaonkar Memorial Interesting Case Presentation Competition” was held at M. T. Paithankar Hall, IMA House.
Total 8 interesting cases were presented as per the allowable maximum limit of the cases. Presenters were :
- Dr. Naresh Tirpude; Prof. & Head, GMC , Nagpur
- Dr. Amrusha Chouksey: Asst. Prof. GMC, Nagpur
- Dr. Yogesh Zawar; Asst. Prof., SSH, GMC, Nagpur
- Dr. Saurabh Barde; Senior Consultant,
- Dr. Neelesh Mathankar: Consultant at Meditrina Hospital
- Dr. Himanshu Marathe; Consultant at NCI
- Dr. Nekee Rajdeo; Freelance anaesthesiologist
- Dr. Pranav Thote; Senior Resident, IGMC, Nagpur
Judges for the competition were eminent anaesthesiologists and senior members :
- Dr. Vidula Kapre: Past President, ISA-NCB
- Dr. Anjali Sawargaonkar: Asso. Prof., GMC, Nagpur
There was amazing clinical discussion and interaction with the judges followed by new audience question round in which audience raised interesting queries.
Event was attended by around 70 ISA-NCB members.
GC National Dr. Anjali Bhure, GC West zone Dr. Charuta Gadkari, GC MSCISA Dr. C.S. Cham were among the dignitaries present in the activity.
Dr. Amrusha Chouksey won first prize for presenting her case “Anaesthesia Management of case of thymoma for Thoracoscopic thymectomy in myasthenia gravis” and Dr. Yogesh Zawar won second prize for case “Rare case of unable to float the Pulmonary artery catheter”.
Prizes to the winners will be given on Annual Day of ISA-NCB to be held in January 2019. Participants were given certificates of participation.
Dr. Ketaki Marodkar , Executive member was Master of Ceremony. Dr. Umesh Ramtani, Hon. Secretary ISA-NCB , proposed vote of thanks.