On auspicious day of Makar Sakranti , Indian Society of Anesthesiologists-Nagpur City branch celebrated ‘Annual day and Dr. E. G. Tambe memorial annual oration’ on 14th January 2019 at Hotel Airport Centre point , Nagpur. Each year,as a part of tradition , ISA-NCB celebrates Annual Day with immense fervor and enthusiasm. Dr. Naveen Malhotra, Hon. Secretary National headquarter of Indian society of Anesthesiologists was the Chief-Guest of the ceremony . The programme begun with the welcome speech of the ISA –NCB president Dr. Sunita Lawange followed by samai lighting by the dignitaries.Dr. Lawange wished the august audience for Sakranti wishes and congratulated the ISA-NCB family on this foundation day of the organization. ISA-NCB has rich heritage of presenting various awards to the winners of various competitions held throughout the year, felicitating members for their academic as well as non academic achievements and post graduate students who have excelled in PG exams of MUHS in the year 2018. To appreciate the contributions of the members towards the anaesthesiologists society and to encourage academic participation and research work, many senior members of ISA NCB have initiated awards in various categories. The awards given were as follows:
1) Best poster presentation– Dr. Krishna Kale award for 1st best poster was won by Dr. Vrishali Ankalwar. The second prize winner was Dr. Anuja Jain.
2) Best paper presentation competition for the Anesthesiology PG students –
Late Rev. B. N. Sahay memorial award and Dr. Shrirao award was given to Dr. Jubin T.J. , JR3 , GMC for securing the first position. The second position was won by Dr. Samruddhi Wachasundar, JR3 , IGGMC who was given the Dr. S. K. Deshpande award.
3) Interesting case presentation competition: Smt. Vaishali Malegaonkar memorial award was won by Dr. Amrusha Chouksey and the second prize won by Dr. Yogesh Zawar.
4) Dr. R.K. Pradhan memorial award was given to Dr. Devashree Warnekar of NKPSIMS for securing maximum marks in the post-graduate degree (M. D. anesthesiology) examination.
5) Dr. Lalla L. Cham award was given to Dr.Anchal Jain of GMC for securing maximum marks in the post-graduate diploma in anesthesiology examination.
6) Shabde Tambe travelling fellowship was awarded to the post-graduate student who presented paper at ISA national conference, which was won by Dr. Yasha Tiwari, JR3, NKPSIMS.
7) Prestige nursing home award was given to Dr. Amrusha Chouksey for being the most active member of the year. She has been office-bearer of ISA- NCB and an active member in other organizations too.
8) Smt. Sushila Sathe memorial award was conferred on Dr. Charuta Gadkari , West zone GC & member of advisory board, MSCISA for being invited as faculty at national and State level and publishing papers in indexed journal.
9) An award has newly been introduced by Dr. Anjali Bhure , National GC member in the name of her mother ‘Mrs. Sindhutai Ingley award for public awareness’ to be given to the member performing maximum number of public awareness programme. The 1st recipient of this award was Dr. N.G. Tirpude, Prof. & Head, GMC, Nagpur .
10) The special appreciation awards were given to Dr. Shital Dalal for winning individual awards at state and national level , Dr. C.S. Cham for being elected on the post of President , West zone ISA, Dr. Dilip Wasnik for being most active executive member.
11) The prestigious ‘Smt. Kamalabai Deshpande Memorial Lifetime achievement award’ was given to Dr. Ratna Waghaye , Ex-Professor Dept. of Anaesthesiology , GMC, for her immense contribution in the field of Anaesthesiology.
The Chief Guest in his speech, appreciated the activities being done by ISA- NCB and quoted it as the most dynamic branch and is an example for other branches. As National ISA secretary , he expressed many novel ideas and agenda to be implemented for upliftment of society.
The Latest issue of E sense , the e news letter of ISA NCB was released by Chief guest in which articles were contributed by Dr. Umesh Ramtani , Dr. Soma Cham and Dr. Dilip Wasnik.
ISA NCB has won eight awards this year, three at the National level as ‘Best public awareness’, ‘Best World Anesthesia day’ and ‘First best city branch’ and five at Maharashtra state level as ‘Best city branch’, ‘Best public awareness’, ‘second best membership drive’ , ‘Special Appreciation award for noble work’ and ‘ Ether day celebration’ – consolation prize, which is a record in itself. The inaugural function ended with the vote of thanks by the Hon. Secretary Dr. Umesh Ramtani, followed by the National Anthem. ‘Dr. E.G. Tambe memorial annual oration’ was held after the felicitation ceremony. Dr. Naveen Malhotra delivered the oration on ‘Interventional Pain Management – An overview’. The chairpersons for the oration were Dr. Shubhada Deshmukh and Dr. Pratibha Deshmukh . The conduct of proceedings was done by Masters of Ceremony : Dr. Gauri Arora and Dr. Hemangi Abhyankar . The event was attended by large number of ISA NCB members.
The latest issue of E sense , e newsletter of ISA NCB was released by Chief guest in which articles were contributed by Dr. Umesh Ramtani, Dr.Soma Cham & Dr.Dilip Wasnik.